Content is always the King of the Website. And with each update; Google is making this king more and more powerful. The aim is to give people more informative, useful, and authentic information that helps them in the long run. For that reason, the last update for content that rolled on August 2022; is called ‘helpful content update’.
When people search for any information, they get original and most relevant data at the top of the search result. So, if you are a content creator; then you should know about this important update to gain better results.
According to the helpful content update; the content should be molded in such a way that people will have a satisfying feeling after reading the content. In case, the content does not meet the expectation of the visitors; then the performance of the content will be decreased.
Now the question is how one can measure the level of satisfaction among the readers. The answer is simple. You need to write content for humans and the search engine will follow them automatically. While writing, you just need to keep in mind the best practices of SEO.
- The content of the website should be useful for the audiences who visit your website for the first time
- The content must reflect first-hand expertise and thorough knowledge
- The website must have a key focus
- The content must have some educational value i.e the reader must have a learning experience
- The reader must have a satisfying feeling after reading it
- The content should adhere to Google guidelines
Avoid Search Engine First Content:
It is advisable from Google to stay away from writing content, especially for the search engine. Though you need to follow the best practices for SEO; you must write human-first content. If the readers find the content unsatisfying; the search engine ranking will be affected by the result.
Here are some points that you need to keep in mind to avoid writing search engine-first content.
- The content primarily attracts people instead of crawlers
- The content of the website should focus on a particular topic instead of writing different topics
- Content should be written by humans instead of using automation
- Don’t write content on just trending topics instead serve your existing audience
- Your audience must have complete information from your website so that they don’t need to research more
- The word count of the website should not be fixed, rather it should be varied as per the requirement to discuss the matter
- The topic must have some real-life experience
- The content must not misguide anyone for the questions that have no answer in real time
More About Google Helpful Content Update
Google started to roll out the update in August and it took around 2 weeks to complete it. It detects low-value content; then your site value will be decreased. If your website has any unhelpful content; then you should remove them as soon as possible. However, it may take around one month to get a better ranking after you remove the content with little or no value.
So it is high time to refine the content of the website and focus on creating a repository of words that is really helpful to your audiences.